A limited number of travel grants are sometimes awarded to student members of the Australian Society of Herpetologists to help offset the costs of attending the society's conference. Students working in any field of herpetology may apply. The purpose of the award is two-fold: (1) assist students in travel expenses to attend the current ASH conference; and (2) reward outstanding academic and research performance.
A call for applications will come after registration closes for the conference.
- be a current financial member of the Australian Society of Herpetologists (see the membership for more details)
- be a currently enrolled honours, Masters, Graduate Diploma or PhD student at an Australian university
- have already registered to attend the conference
- give a spoken or poster presentation of their research at the ASH conference for which the travel grant applies
The information required for consideration of the award is very simple. Winners will be determined by the President of the Society hosting the conference or a delegate.
- Your name:
- Degree for which you are a candidate:
- Have you received an ASH Travel Grant previously?
- Total cost for you to attend ASH (excluding your rego):
- Amount of institutional funding and/or supervisor funding to attend the ASH conference: